Fresco/Mezzo Bamboo Server
- $5 flat rate shipping when purchasing 2 or more items
- $10 flat rate shipping when purchased individually
The Original Bamboo server is made of resilient and sustainable bamboo ply. The material combines the best of traditional and innovative specialty cheese storage practices. The bamboo behaves like wood, cultivating a healthy micro-climate for the ripening cheese. It is more architecturally-sound than the solid wood panels used in traditional cheese caves. The bamboo ply is as handsome as it is long-lasting, and can be used as a shelf in the Grotto, or for serving cheese at dinner.
- One Bamboo Server
- Sized to fit the Grotto Fresco and Grotto Mezzo
- Mimics the best of cheese cave shelving traditions
- Certified sustainable by FSC
- Architecturally handsome and unique
Use & Care
- Hand wash shelves with extremely hot water and a splash of distilled white vinegar
- Allow the Grotto shelves to air dry between uses
- For maintenance of the bamboo shelves, a monthly application of mineral oil is recommended
- 8.25 inches long, 6 inches wide, 1/4 inches thick
- Materials designed for durability
- Wood has the potential to harbor bacteria and pathogens if not cleaned properly.
Though Cheese Grotto’s Jessica Sennett is an expert at bringing out cheese’s best flavors, she is not an expert in food safety and she does not offer any opinion about food safety. New York Department of Health regulations requires restaurants to store cheese at a temperature below 45 degrees F, except for up to two hours during preparation for food service. Nothing in Cheese Grotto’s materials, including statements regarding the shelf life of cheese, is intended to (and the materials should not be interpreted to) conflict with food safety regulations and recommendations.